Cities / Tourism
Tenants and expansion managers demand high pedestrian frequencies in town centres… High frequencies and wide streets are also no problem for our PeCo laser scanners. Our precise, laser-based people counting system PeCo Outdoor informs you around the clock, 24 hours a day, live, about, for example, the frequency of visitors in your pedestrian zone; highly accurate and independent of any weather influences. You can retrieve the collected data at any time from your password-protected online portal and will thus receive important key figures that you can use effectively for your future city development.
With only one laser scanner, we can cover the entire width of a pedestrian zone – and this at very attractive terms. Instead of buying, you can also rent our complete system!
City managers or business development staff have to deal with the following questions almost daily:
- How attractive is my city?
- What is the frequency on weekdays, what is it on weekends?
- From which catchment area (surrounding districts and cities) do the visitors come to us?
- What is the effect of advertisements and how successful are events?
- Are the opening hours of our retail stores ideal? Can they be optimised?
- How does the weather influence the visiting behaviour in our city?
- Where are my hot spots and the “critical” areas in my city?
- What are the “drivers” for satisfaction or dissatisfaction in our shopping street?
- What are the adjusting screws still available that I can turn to improve my result?
Evaluate and react to the following, looking forward:
- Seasonal effects
- Structural changes in the retail sector
- Structural changes due to the construction of shopping centres
- Impact of tourism
- Impact of events and marketing measures
- Impact of weather
- Impact of seasons
- Real-estate values and rental prices.
PeCo offers customers involved in city marketing as well as business development and other interest groups optimisation opportunities by answering these questions and also provides result-oriented evaluations and easy-to-understand recommendations for action.